Types of moving boxes
Packing is a very important part of transportation of furniture, handling home and office removals of any size and nature.
Size and shape matter
Arguably the most important supply for any move is the box, or rather the boxes that you are going to use in order to make your goods roadworthy. Removal boxes come in a variety of shapes and sizes that have been designed specifically to accommodate the transportation of a wide range of household items. Picking up the right boxes according to your needs is just as important for the successful completion of your removal as finding the most reliable and efficient removal team in London to help you with the job.
The kinds of removal boxes you can choose from
There are at least six distinct types of moving boxes that you can choose from:
- Corrugated Carton with its rather sturdy, double-walled structure, is perfect for packing breakable items such as plates, cups and other kitchenware. Some boxes of this type have cellular dividers inside the carton itself, which makes them even safer. Corrugated carton boxes are perfect for packing the content of your kitchen.
- Medium sized boxes – those can come in a variety of shapes and can be made from various materials, but as a general rule of thumb the more durable options are chosen. Why? Because they are perfect for packing heavy items. It might seem like a good idea to just put all of your books in one big box, but have you thought about how heavy it will get? That’s why dividing heavy items into several mid-size boxes is your best chance for successful and injury-free moving.
- Large boxes – usually a large box is considered to be at least three and a half cubic feet in volume. Those are used for a variety of items – from appliances to canned food to clothes. A box of this size would be perfect for storing a large quantity of items that you are not going to need right away, but are still non-perishable, e.g. nothing bad is going to happen to them if you forget to unpack for a week or so.
- Extra large boxes that store bulky items – from lampshades to a whole sofa that cannot be dismantled – can be found in sizes of 4.9 cubic feet and more. They are usually made extra sturdy and their handling might be a tad problematic, so it might be a good idea to leave them to be loaded by your movers.
- Wardrobe boxes – those have been specifically designed for transportation of clothes and come with build-in hangers. Thanks to their specific design you can get your clothes out of the closet and into the box without wasting time or energy.
- Picture boxes are telescopic cartons that have been designed specifically for transportation of painting and photos. They have been designed in a way to accommodate easy handling and their use cannot be denied – especially by those of us who are art lovers with extensive collections.